Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to resolve conflicted CSS rules ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyweb

Programmer
Nov 15, 2007
US
Hi guys:

My page works fine locally on my machine but when integrating it to another page, it undos all of my CSS rules due to the existing CSS rules coded by the previous developer. As a result, there are rule conflicts. If I change the existing CSS rules, they will affect many other pages using this same style sheet. So,... I have to stick with it.

How do I make my CSS rules do the way I have specified ? I have used the id class with the div tag but it does not help. Thanks.

What is the id class?

Since there is no reversing the styles, you would have to look at the global stylesheet and add the same element names and same structure as imposed by the global one to your sheet as well. If yours will be loaded after the global, it should then overwrite all the global parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back