Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reset passed shared variable in main report that was passed from subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

torolimon

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
US
I have a report where I am passing a shared variable that lives in the Group Header 1 in the subreport and trying to display in the Group Footer 1 of the Main Report. Not every subreport returns the value I'm passing so I get the value on the main report the first time it shows up for a subreport, then it repeats the same value until another subreport has a new value and so on. What am I doing wrong?

You should be able to reset the variable in the Report Header of the sub report. Alternatively, you could split the Group Footer of the main report into two, show the variable value in GF(a) and reset it in GF(b).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Pete,

You rock. Reseting the variable in the subreport Report header worked. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back