Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reprogram a Direct Dial extension as DNIS in system Speed Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan737

Technical User
Oct 21, 2014
US
Currently we have a 1800# that points to direct dial number that is programmed on one of our phones .
I want to point that Direct dial DID to a Path and use a Skill Group instead.

How do I go about making the change:

Is it simply removing the direct dial number off the phone and adding it as a DNIS
in System Speed Call then point it to a Path?

Thanks

Yes that would work

On older software I always used Speedcalls for ALL of my DID's

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I tried that and I received a popup that the Directory number is used elsewhere
Basically, I went to the System Speed Call and added the DID 5752 that the 1800# points to as the Speed Call Number and added the Path 2824 as the Actual Number..

Any idea?

Thanks

Assuming you removed the number 5752 off of the phone as you originally planned, you obviously have more than 1 appearance of the number.

What does Locate Number 5752 tell you?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

dan737 said:
I went to the System Speed Call and added the DID 5752 that the 1800# points to as the Speed Call Number

Not to be too picky, I would refer to that as a DN that the speed call points too. the term DID should always refer to the carrier provided number IMHO.

I did a Locate Number on that DN 5752 and its a None Prime Broadcast Group.
I also found it under Multi-line appearance group. Should I delete it from there as well?

Thanks

If you want to reassign it as a path then yes it will need to be removed from all buttons

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back