Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to replace a CMDU in an opt 81 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmaxxpbxtek

Vendor
Feb 3, 2006
US
I need to replace a CMDU in an opt 81 switch I believe it is a simple process and I would like to know what the correct process is. The old CMDU was sent out and refurbed, I now need to re-instal it, the switch is in maintenance mode already and running off of teh other CMDU. Thanks in advance.......

leave it in maint, put it in then faceplate enable it. do a reload on that stnadby side.. disu the cnis on that side plug into that core, put the install disk in and the install cd.. press the ini, put that cpu in maint and rls the ini.. go through the full (option e) install menu, restore cdb from the active side, make all switches normal and ini.. takes less then an hour but the book says do a ini to finish, i perfer to do a hard down... when i can

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, this is an older system we have picked up maintenance on and I am not sure we have any disks for it and the CMDU does not have a CD drive only a floppy.

older is the clue, you need all 17 install disk, the same process just boot off of disk 1, you must have that stack of disk as well as the keycodes... that cmdu will try to work with bad firm ware and you'll have major problems.. we will not take maint on a system without the user having the right to use on that switch and all the disk needed to at least get it back up.. your running an 81 with a single cmdu, one cpu, if that dies, your going to retype that database if your lucky enough to find a keycode disk.. you can use any install stack, as long as the rls is the same.. the key codes have to match the security dongle, so if you sent yours out, i hope you got the same dongle back,or maybe they left a gold one in (40,000) and i've only seen one in my life.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Oh boy, just what I wanted to hear...LOL...Well looks liek I am in for a whole lot of fun on this one....Thanks again as always.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back