Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to repair/reinstall Dot Net with Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petzl

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
AU
I have an application that uses Dot Net 2. I have having issues that relate to Dot Net and standard procedure on Vista is to uninstall/reinstall Dot Net 2. I get an error "Attempted to read or write Protected memory". How is a Dot Net repair achieved on my Dell MX1530 that was shipped with Vista? I have run the Vista startup repair and this does nothing. I have run sfc /scannow which shows up some errors related to sidebar, settings and tcp but says it cannot repair.

I can rebuild the machine but surely there are other options??? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Is the protected memory error when you uninstall or when re-installing?

Are you sure this is a Windows error and not one generated by a firewall or Anti-Malware program?

Make sure you shutdown all such programs first.

It should be possible to remove the dot net components from windows, and certainly any updates can be removed.

Steve: N.M.N.F.
If something is popular, it must be wrong: Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back