Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove Win32:Trojan-gen. {Delphi}

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPirate

Programmer
Aug 11, 2003
PR
I recently installed Avast Anti Virus on my PC... but i have found out.. thhat this av doesnt remove the viruses
... Anywayz... it had been working great until.. a few days a go.. .a virus warning about WIN 32: Trojan Gen {delphi) was found on my commp.. I tried to repair .. .but didint work... so then i deleted the infected file.. .wich was on a file on startup called reboot.exe I decided to delete that file... and i didint had any more problems... but a few hours later another warning came up.. and said I had the same virus but in ... C:\System Volume Information\_restore... bla bla lba.. I dont know what do do.. im not sure.. if i should delte or get a removal tool or what... I heard something about turning of system restore... so i can succesfully delete it... im not sure if i need another av software? or another removal or cleaning software... Plz HELP... What to do?>....

thanks.. . I know now.. how to turn off system restore... but how do i remove that virus from my computer?...

IM trying right click properties... on My Computer.. but it doesnt do anything... I cant reach properties... wwha is going on..?

You run your AV with restore disabled.

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

I moved the virus to a quarantine... or chest.... now im running an avast virus removal tool... and system restore is off... but since i put the infected file in quarantine.. im not sure if the scan.. will be able to reach it...

I also installed Avast on a new machine (XP Pro) yesterday which I have just built for my 19-year old son. It found a couple of infected files yesterday on the first scan. I initially selected "repair" but the prog could not repair so I deleted the files. The machine today seems to have many more infected files (W32:Trojan - various numbers).
1) My son (like most other users) will give a "not me guv" response to all questions but it may well be sites which he has visited.
2) Is Avast any good? Does anyone have any knowledge on this?
3) Being ultra cynical ... could the infection have come from Avast? Not an accusation, merely a question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back