Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the security warning box when launching a custom program

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbdbcoder

Programmer
Nov 23, 2006
US
I have a custom AP invoice screen built for Sage 300 v2018. It is a VB6.0 application with ocx. It is installed on shared data folder on server and shared the shortcut to the program in Sage desktop. When the program is launched, it prompts a security warning box for me to run or not, click "run" then it opens.

Is there anyway to remove that security warning message box from windows?

Thanks.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e57528b3-a50f-4777-9b7b-3abb4896fe14&file=County.gif
Your problem is using an IP address, I NEVER set systems up like that, because Windows thinks it's an external address.

Sage 300 Whisperer

I can't understand why people use IP addresses like that, it causes issues you don't need.

Sage 300 Certified Consultant

We tried using the server name as well. It still prompts the warning message box. We will try on workstation level to see if it makes any difference. Can't tell why yet.

Check IE settings, put the server on the Trusted Sites list.

Sage 300 Whisperer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back