Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the image background

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUES

MIS
Dec 19, 2005
US
Hi Expert,

Could someome teach me how to quickly remove the image backgound and add the shadow to it, which makes it look professional? Appreciate it!

how to quickly remove the image backgound

It depends on the actual picture, as to how easy the background can be removed. Some are extremely easy, some more difficult.

Can you describe the picture, in particular the background vs the piece you want to remain? Better yet can you post the pic somewhere?

Anyway as soon as I get an idea about the pic I will suggest to you what I think will be the best solution.

and add the shadow to it

I'm not sure I know what you want to happen here.

sam

There are lots of ways to do this and actully I know how to remove some of them. But to remove them within a short time and add some effect to make them look professioanl? How to remove the difficult one using level? Any instructions? Appreciate it!!

Check out my post about difficult extractions here:

thread229-1205033

have a look at the other posts as well

Quick mask and the extraction tool are methods for the "easy" extractions, if you need help with these let me know.

sam

I notice that thread229-1205033 has been marked closed so if you can't get to it I've inserted my post below:

This is my very favorite where you can even isolate individual hairs. It uses the subject to create masks, very impressive.

Its at click on tips and techniques (bottom of home page) then scroll all the way down to Advanced masking to find a quick time movie tutorial.

Quick time can also be downloaded at Russells home page above.

Russell was the art director (I believe) at Adobe from way back when and has some wonderful tutorial movies.

much luck

sam

Please note that the Russell Brown technique may seem difficult at first partially because he has compounded the extraction into two parts. Normally you need only to create one mask (not two or more).

Watch the video and take notes and you will see how easy this really is.

I use this method for removing the sky in landscapes with trees,bushes grass etc. and can do this in minutes and get perfect extractions, even the sky between branches and leaves.

sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back