Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the delete right for a shared mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2003
CA
I would like to have selected users have the option to open a shared mailbox, this has been made quite easy from the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC. The thing is, I only want them to be able to view the mail, not delete it. I have not been able to make this work as of yet.

I have found that you can assign delegates from a user level in Outlook and set granular permissions like this but cannot add the mailbox to your profile.

Could someone help out on this and give some input on how this may be accomplished??

Thanks in advance!!

This issue has been resolved to an extent.

I have not found a way to do this from the server side as of yet though.

What I had to do was first assign the delegate "reviewer" at the root level of my mailbox. This allowed them to be able to open my mailbox as an additional mailbox. Next permissions need to be assigned at each folder that they should have access to. This kind of seems like a round about way to get this done.

Does anyone know how this is accomplished from the server level, rather then through Outlook??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back