Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the blank area left by a suppressed field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhenyulu

Programmer
Jun 16, 2004
US

I am a newbie for CR. :)

I use c#.net and CR9. After I suppress one field from the database. This field is replaced by a blank area. How to remove it?

Thanks.

Perhaps you can state how you are suppressing it?

Suppress doesn't mean eliminate it from the recordset, it means display blank.

If you want to elikminate a row, the best method is to modify the record selection formula so that the row is never pulled from the database, but this is depndent upon how you're pulling the data.

-k

I use the the suprress option in the format dialog for that field. Then is there a method to remove such kind of blank?

Thanks a lot.

I'll assume that what you're trying to say is that you want that entire row removed.

Instead of suppressing a field, use the suppress for whatever section to suppress the row, but again this assumes that you want the row in the rowset for some reason, yet don't want to display it.

You're better served to remove the row from the recordset if you don't need it at all.

You've posted a total of 4 meaningful sentences trying to describe the concern, try fleshing out your requirements if you need further help.

The following describes using VB to set the record selection formula using the RDC (since CR 7):

-k

Sorry for the confusion. My task is as following:

I have a table like this(It's a result set got throgh SELECT statement):

[FormulNo] [Formula] [VARName] [Value]
F1 c = a+b a 2
F1 c = a+b b 3
F1 c = a+b c 5
F2 c = a*b a 2
F2 c = a*b b 3
F2 c = a*b c 6
The report I expect is:

F1