Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the activity log from acrserve v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackps

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
HK
Dear all
My activity log had accumulated a lot of log record, how i can remove those log records from acrserve or server?

Thx alot

Jack

You can delete or move ...\Log\BrigthStor.log. Or you can delete this by clicking delete in the GUI (while viewing the log).

This is from the 6.61 release notes.

Several optional settings are provided to configure auto-pruning of the ARCserve Activity Log under the Admin\AutoPruneActivityLog key:

Enable
Set Enable:REG_DWORD:1 (TRUE) to enable the pruning of the Activity Log on the local machine. The default is 0 (FALSE).

Type
Set Type:REG_DWORD:0 (FALSE) to prune the entire Activity Log. The default is 1 (TRUE) which will prune records older than a specified amount of time (i.e. number of days, months or years). Indicate the Unit and Number (see below) to define the specific time period in which the Autopruning of the Activity Log will take place.

Unit
Set Unit:REG_DWORD to indicate the frequency of the Activity Log pruning: 0x0 - Days, 0x1 - Months, and 0x3 - Years. The default is 1 (Months).

Number
Set Number:REG_DWORD to indicate the number of days, months or years to prune the Activity Log. The default is 1 (month).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back