Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove Reset password link at logon window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grofaty

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
SI
Hi,
when starting Windows 7 Professional logon window appears to enter userid and password. If password is typed in incorrectly the link "Reset Password" appears. How to disable this link? I don't want someone is messing with my password reset.
Thanks

How do we know that you are really you and not someone else trying to hack in?

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

@goombawaho, don't understand what you try to say. I would like to disable "Reset Password" option on logon window, so nobody could reset password from logon window.

I don't want someone is messing with my password reset.

The main point here is my password. If nobody knows your password, nobody can reset it to anything else. You need to provide your present password in order to change it/reset it to something else.

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

no you don't you just need a repair disk or the original windows install media, windows password is a joke. A 6 minute youtube video will show you how to bypass it and reset it to whatever you want. no special utilities or anything. using a hack of the stickykeys function. I won't link it here but any one with a brain can search youtube for it.

Thought the stickykeys method only worked on XP and earlier? Regardless, you are correct of the password being a joke. I have two commonly used testing discs that are free, and commonly recommended here for HDD and RAM testing, that have password resetting capabilities. Can be bypassed in a couple minutes....

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back