Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove over-extending vertical lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibr

MIS
Oct 8, 2003
AU
Hi all,

If I'm implementing a table/grid of data using horizontal and vertical lines (boxes sometimes don't line up properly), and the vertical lines keep over-extending when there's more than 1 page of data, how do I stop it? eg.

-------------------
| abc | def | xxx |
|-----|-----|-----|
| abc | def | xxx |
|-----|-----|-----|
| | | | <---- how can i remove these?

The vertical lines spans Group 1 Header, Group2 Header (suppressed), Details (suppressed), Group2 Footer, Group1 Footer.

Thanks, Excalibur

-------------------
| abc | def | xxx |
|-----|-----|-----|
| abc | def | xxx |
|-----|-----|-----|
| | | | <---- how can i remove these?
The vertical lines spans Group 1 Header, Group2 Header (suppressed), Details (suppressed), Group2 Footer, Group1 Footer

Your example does not match the statement below it. Give a real example of the data output. What data is printed in each section?? COuld this be a blank section??? We cannot tell from what you have shown.

Also tell us when this extension occurs...is it on a change to a new page? At the end of the report?? When?

Jim Broadbent

The quality of the answer is directly proportional to the quality of the problem statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back