Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove one acl statement 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoyer90

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2005
US
How to remove one acl statement without removing the whole string of acl. when I do a no access-list 1 permit 192.168.x.x it takes out all of my list.

AFAIK it is not possible to remove only one statement in your ACL. Just remove the complete ACL and build a new one.

First copy your existing ACL and paste in notepad (or your favorite text editor).
Then get the ACL commands correct in notepad,
Remove the ACL from your cisco, copy the prepared notepad ACL commands,
paste them in your Cisco.
(save the ACL commands, which are in notepad, for future use)

Change your acl to a named acl and you will be able to remove and add things without having to remove and modify and paste back in .

don't forget to take it off of the interface it is applied to first, then remove the acl.

If you are running newer code 12.2T or above you can just remove 1 line from the access list . Conf t , ip access-list standard 1 , this puts it into acl config mode then just issue "no access-list 1 permit 192.168.x.x" , exit . Do a show access-list and it should be gone...

Hi Guys,

Our place is stingy so were not running the latest code.... however does`nt the latest version of IOS have numbers against each access list entry now.I.E

10 permit host 10.12.2.1
20 Permit host 10.2.2.3
25 deny host blur blur blur

so you can just delete the line ( I know the security products did this anyway ).

I may be wrong...

LEEroy
MCNE6,CCNA2,3/4 CCNP,CWNA,CCSA,Project+

I was able to fix my problem by using.
(config)#ip access-list standard 1
(config-std-nacl)#no permit host 192.168.x.x
I guess with enough time and a Catalyst 2950 Series anything is possible.

Thanks for all the great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back