Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove old Cards and Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirrono

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
I have taken another look at the old Prologix I inherited last year. I was able to get into the system using a laptop and ASA but one thing I can't seem to manage is cleaning up the configuration. Although most of the cards have been removed and the two attached carriers have also been removed. They still show up in the List Config All report.

I have all the cards I want to re-install but cannot get rid of the old stuff. How do I remove all the old stuff from the translations and start over?

SirRono

You also must remove all stations, trunks, data modules, DS1s, and any port programming before you can remove.

This is what I am working at now. There is a large amount of stations on the switch that need to be x'ed out and I am working on it slowly but surely. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something. Thanks, Ron

SirRono

Do you know if the circuit packs were removed with the system powered down? I've had issues in the past were if they were removed, they won't disappear from the "list config all" until the same type of circuit pack is inserted and then removed. In one case, I had to temporarily connect a second carrier and insert/remove a analog pack into two different slots to get them to go away. Just make sure you remove all station/trunk references to them first.

If TTI is enabled on the system it won't let you delete station packs using 'change circuit-packs' You have to turn it off first on System Features.

Make sure you have the TDM Bus terminator installed if you are not using the B or C cabinets.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back