Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove database in Database Expert > History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voirin

Technical User
May 15, 2003
AU
Hi, I currently have few databases showing in Database Expert > History. Is it possible to remove certain databases from showing here? When i right-click on a database there are no 'delete/remove' options available.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Voirin

Hi there,

You can't remove them directly from the History folder its self, there might be a registry entry which you can change but i'm not sure what that is.

As a work around though you could just add the databases you want to the favourites folder and then when you no longer want them in there you can remove them by right clicking on the database you want to remove.

HTH

Yes they will. If its only the History you want to change then you might have to look on the BO website for registry dll's. I have a lot of databases in my History folder too but all I do is put the databases that i'm currently using into the favourites and then use them from there.

I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

Thanks

The registry key looks like this for CR 9 and 10:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\<versionnumber>\Crystal Reports\Crystal Data Source History

For CR XI:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Crystal Data Source History

For CR 8.5:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Data Source History

The point to files in the My Documents folder.

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back