Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove an assigned number from a 5320 ip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockavelli

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2012
GB
Hi

We have just recently had a mitel system installed, however im unsure of how to remove a number that has been assigned to one of the 5320's so that another member of staff can use their current number there.

I was under the impression that there was a certain process to be done on the phone itself?

Thanks

Are you referring to hot desking?
If so press the hotdesk button enter the number and pin and login to the phone no need to remove it

If you are not using hot desking then you can simply delete the user who wants to use this phone then renumber the phone with the users extn number.

or if you have already got the users phone registered then simply unplug them and swap them over (assuming no port security in place on your network)

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thanks supernova

Yeah i wasnt meaning hotdesking, i thought i might have to delete them but was sure someone had said something about a code.

Just gonna stick with deleting them.

Thanks again.

if you delete you will indeed need to add a registration code plus the extn number
or you can simply add the MAC address when programming to avoid re registration.
To find the Set Registration code look in the system options form

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

The only process would be where you make the change. If you have Opsman make sure to use that product for the change. If you have a MAS with single provisioning you need to make changes there. Otherwise you could simplying change the extension number of the set in the MCD ( if the new number is free ). There is no move renumber command like the old SX2000 in some of the MCD loads. BE sure to remove any message waiting indication if you are renumbering and also don't forget to change the voicemail.

The simpliest method will be most likely to follow Supernova99's advice and just delete and recreate both the phone and the mailbox for the phone ( again make sure you cancel any message waiting indication first ).

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

### is the standard de registration code and*** is the prefix + dn number to re assign if free and same type of set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back