Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove Administrative tools from start menu on a terminal server-windows server2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanua

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Have 4 remote users and they use the windows server 2008 standard edition terminal server to access corporate files.
I want prevent them from seeing the administrative tools on the start menu and will appreciate suggestions.

I believe what technonme means is that it is not necessary to give all users permission to all folders and that Access-based Enumeration is an alternative to giving them permission to browse all folders for navigation purposes. The thinking being if they can not run it it fixes it.

I've never used it. The link suggests it applies to shares and not local permissions. If that is in fact the case, it will not help with a Remote Desktop user that is accessing the files locally but that kind of misstatement is common from Microsoft.

Just a thought, the 4 users are not a member of the Administrators Group are they? Remote Desktop Users is another group they can be added to in order to grant the permission to log on with Remote Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back