Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove a deleted record 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosty

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
AU
I have a form in tabular view where you can click a button to go to a detail view. In detail view you can delete the record. Once I delete the record and go back to the main form it still has the old record there but with the values as #Deleted #Deleted. I have tried to requery the form but it wont go away. Not until I close the form and then open the form again does this old record dissapear. Is there any way to get around this?

I've just encountered the same problem just 5 minutes ago!! funny world it is..

I did it with Me.Refresh in OnEnter event for my Subform/Subquery... and works fine

greets,
Marko 9A6NCM

I tired putting a button on there that does Me.Refresh and it doesn't work. I'm using Access 97.

well, I now tried what you did, and Me.refresh works here even when I put the btn on main Form, the query within the Form refreshed with no problem..
but I'm using AccessXP, and never did work on 97 ..

greets,
Marko 9A6NCM

I think me.requery, in stead of me.refresh is probably needed when a delete is issued.

Perhaps an issue of finding the correct event?

Roy-Vidar

How are ya Kosty . . . . .
Kosty said:
[blue]In [purple]detail view[/purple] you can delete the record.[/blue]
If by [purple]detail view[/purple] you mean a seperate opened form, then in the [blue]Close[/blue] event of the [blue]DetailForm[/blue]:
Code:
[blue]   Forms![purple][b]MainFormName[/b][/purple].Requery[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Thanks that requery command worked. Using it on the on the Close event was a good idea as well. Originally I thought I was going to put it on the GotFocus event of the main form but this is a better idea. Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back