Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Remove a BFTN? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2006
US
How do I get rid of a BFTN? I seem to remember having to program it from the telephone set (2616)itself but can't seem to remember how? Any help refreshing my memory will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

It's programmed on a key as a BFS. Simply reprogram the key as NUL.

you can not change any key type from the station on this switch that i know of.. on the northstar/bcm that can be done but i don't know of a bfs style key on that system.. blank any key

ld 11
chg
4 0 0 0
echg yep

key 4 nul

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When you want to delete a BFS key, or change it to an ADL you need to trace that TN first.
If the BFS key is active don't change that key, first remove the call forward so the BFS key is idle.

If you don't do that data corruption will occur.

BFS is normally used in a Manager/Sec set up, find the BFS Key on the Sec phone, then Nul it there first, the BFTN on the Manager phone will then disappear. However don't forget that normally BFS is used in conjunction with FDN, EHT EFD, so you need to change those on the Manager phone too.

when you print a station that is being controlled via a bfs that tn of that station will tell you what station to print

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back