Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remotely debug COM object

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffByOne

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
US
I have a COM .dll that I would like to debug. It was compiled under a debug configuration and runs on a remote computer. The program that instantiates the object runs as a service on the same computer.

When I tried to perform this on a local computer, I configured the package to "Launch in debugger". When the debugger started, there was no source code, just the disassembly window. I think this is caused when the source code is in a different path than what was used when it was compiled.

Even if I copy the source code to an equivalent directory on the target machine, how does the object know to start the compiler on *my* machine, rather than the computer on which this code runs?

Thanks in advance,
OffByOne

One year, three days, 9 hours, 20 minutes and 5 seconds. 6631 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,077.54. Life saved: 3 weeks, 2 days, 35 minutes.

There is a remote debugger. Try to use it.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

AIM: IonFilipski
filipski@excite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back