Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remote change Information Only Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditchwizard

Technical User
Dec 10, 2010
US
Equipment: MICS, 7.1 software
CallPilot 150 ver. 31.10.14.22

Norstar system off large multi-location Centrex with centralized Octel VM. Only using Norstar as simple key system. We added the CP150 simply to que up several lines for 4 agents to answer questions from the public during the day. When the agents log off at the end of a workday, skillset 1 overflow is set to transfer to an "information" only mailbox.

That is working 100% to our satisfaction.

Now the customer wants to be able to call in and remotely change the 'information only' mailbox greeting, say during inclement weather when the office might have closed.

That is easy if you are using mailboxes on the system; just call in to your extension, wait for your greeting and log in, then jump over to the information-only mailbox.

However, calling in to the information-only mailbox doesn't work, it seems to want to do something with the * or # keys, but really likes to hear the "0" key to be sent to the (non existent) attendant.

My "plan B" is to set up a CallPilot MB on a Centrex line that does not have the Octel set up, and show the customer how to get in that way and then go to the 'information-only' mailbox.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Look under Voice Prompt Maintenance. That box should be accessible from the outside with a password. Then you can call in, enter that box to edit, and your done.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Form the outside you need to get to the greeting of the MB, Press ** (star star) during the greeting follow prompts. MB_PSWD # all together.

OK, I got it working, but I am not sure how.

Basically, now I can wait for the maibox to finish, then push "81", at which point the CP will start prompting the MB login procedure.

Sounds like your using CP interface instead of NVVM.
NVM would use the **.

Also FYI you can also change the main greetings and close the business if need by logging into mailbox 102 (or 1002) and press 99.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back