Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Remote Access Print from two different locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemantg00

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I am working on a project for a friend of mine who has a small business. He wants to be able to hit print in one city and have the print job come out at a printer in another city. The Printer will be attached directly on the nework with Windows 2000 Server as the print que server. Is there a way that he can print to that printer in another city without having to set up a WAN using Frame Relay and paying a ISP to create their own domain to cover both locations? Anyone have any Ideas on how I could set up remote access printing utilizing anything W2K Server has to offer? If not what would I need? Please help!
Thanks

If you are on the same network that should not be a problem.
You can also use and 3rd party software like PcAnywhere and use the print emulation mode to print from anywhere in the country.
You can also buy and install ($100) netgear router with print server capabilities, and assign the existing que to it. Of course the end user need to know the host's ip address to be able to print.

Good luck

Theo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back