Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remote access OpenScape Business X8 v2 via Hipath Manager E with ISDN modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqweqwe

Technical User
Jul 7, 2021
VN
Hi All,
I have a computer have hardware and software already remote access to Hipath 3750 via Hipath Manager E with ISDN modem (X.75).
Now replace Hipath 3750 with Openscape Business x8 v2, Hipath Manager E can not connect anymore.
How can I re-config OpenScape Business X8 v2 to remote access via HiPath Manager E with ISDN?
Please help me.

Hi qq,

Download higher version of Manager E

Hi dreb20,

The version of Manager E had been upgraded, it can Transfer data of OpenScape Business v2, v3 via IP, but can not Transfer vis ISDN,

Thanks,

What is the version (help/about) Version MgrE ?
If you to go Transfer/Communications is ISDN 'greyed out' or can you click on it ?

Hi sbcsu,

I can not access it right now, but I sure it's >= v9 or higher.
ISND can be selected Because this can be transfer/online/maintenance with another HiPath 3750 via ISDN modem, but with OBS v2 it can not.
I already config OBSv2 via Assistant T *95 30-2; 30-6 (DID 879); with the same old Hipath 3750 config, but it's not access.
Do I miss something?

Thanks,

For OpenScape Business use minimum HiPath 3000 Manager E V10, latest release now is R3.13.0.

Can you answer the question if ISDN is grayed out like in this screenshot?
Otherwise what errormessage do you get (if any)? (Screenshot?)

ManE-ISDN-greyedout_ftntsm.png

Current Manager E Ver:
ManagerE_Ver_zn81pi.jpg
ManagerE_Ver_zn81pi.jpg

Connect with ISDN ok:
ManagerE_ISDN_Dial_jasy1c.jpg
ManagerE_ISDN_Dial_jasy1c.jpg

Transfer with old system 3750 success:
ManagerE_ISDN_Dial_Success_d7b94n.jpg
ManagerE_ISDN_Dial_Success_d7b94n.jpg

Transfer with X8 v2 not success:
ManagerE_ISDN_Dial_Fail_vxdbgk.jpg
ManagerE_ISDN_Dial_Fail_vxdbgk.jpg

I've just upgraded Manager E to latest version:
ManagerE_Ver_New_mmxsdd.jpg
ManagerE_Ver_New_mmxsdd.jpg

It's the same

Did it work before on a OpenScape Business?
I'm not sure if service via ISDN is still supported on OSBiz.
Here we have no ISDN anymore, so I can't test it.
Can you test it on another OSBiz?

@Lexzie,

My client are running with many 3750 systems and used ISDN protocol to manage all of them, now they replace with 3 OSBiz v2, but all of OSBiz can not manage via ISDN. Anyway, all systems are networking via S2M can call and answer normal.
I've read OSBiz v2 can use ISDN to manage with Manager E, and it not support Integrated modem analog anymore.

I don't know what's different 3750 and OSBiz managed by Manager E via ISDN.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back