Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to release standby PNC components

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladston

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
IN
I cannot do a "reset pnc interchange " since it gives me the error " must release all port netwrok connectvity"

The standby PNC is busied out . I cannt release it since it says to relase standby pnc components. How do i release such standby pnc components

You may have something bussied out on the standby side.

If you "status PNC" you should show warnings if there's smething bussied out. Confirm that at the top of the page "Standby Busied" says "no"

Do a display errors and specify error code 18(busy condition).

If you have any PNC components (i.e. EI boards, SNI boards, or DS1C's) on the standby side that are bussied out, you'll have to release them first.

If you do have something busied-out, it would be worth investigating why it was busied-out before interchanging to that side.

To find out what is busied out, use the "disp error" command and put 18 in the type field. This will show all objects that are busied out. After finding out why they are busied, you can release the objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back