Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reinstall EM on UCM 7.5 with out redeploy software on CP_PM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

triton60

Technical User
Sep 6, 2008
US
Hi guys we lost the UCM in CPDC card due a crash in HD. So UCM, elements, EM, Media gateways, etc. all were gone But CS1KE still running fine under the CPPM. This client doesn't use IP telephony, so no current outage in the service.

After HD crash we could not recover any database, now i am the point to restore the elements, so i don't want to lost current CS1KE configuration with 7.5 version. We have a fresh linux base 7.5 installation righ now,

What could be the best way to fix my trouble.

any help is pretty welcome.

thanks in advance

Could you detail all the components so so far I guess you have

CPDC which is the Primary UCM
CPPM which is Callserver
and MGC(s)
Sig server? or no SS just EM on UCM?

bignose21:

you're correct CPDC is used as Primary UCM, CPPM is Callserver and 4 Media Gateway Cards to interchange IP-TDM signalling.

SigServer was deployed as element in CPDC also has running EM on it.

My client need to have CS1K administration thru EM, Currently we have only serial admin for CS1K.

regards

You deploy the CS1K but all it should do is go out and make sure that the system you built in deployment manager is actually there via the IP address. You will have to build the CS1K system within deployment manager and then add the Call server IP address along with Element Manager, Signaling server, node...etc. This didn't overwrite anything when I had to rebuild my 7.5 system but my UCM was an HP server, it should still be the same steps on a CPDC. As always make sure that you have 2 good backups before attempting this.

One thing I found out when I rebuilt my system was that before you deploy the CS1K, make sure that you go into your call server and remove the connection to the previous UCM server, LD 117, "security domain leave". I didn't do this before and it made it almost impossible to get the call server to join the ucm security server.

so you have a seperate CPDC 1 for UCM and 1 for SS+EM. You just go ahead like a fresh install almost:

1. LD 117 "reg ucm sys" (register your CS and MGC's back to UCM).
2. In your Sig Server web browse use the server admin2 to gain access
3. Do the Sec Domain registration on the SS to the new UCM
4. In UCM deployment manager choose CS1000 from the drop down and add new system, pick your call server, add your sig server and EM
5. In deployment manager choose Server from the drop down and check you should see that there is nothing to deploy as SS+EM are already there then commit

Like Khaman says cant hurt to have full backup of CS on Compact Flash before starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back