Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reinstall Backup Exec Remote Agent on remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.

142a

Technical User
Apr 23, 2004
US
I accidentally removed(using Add/Remove Programs)the remote Agent from remote server. Now I need to re-install it from Veritas Backup Server. When I do so, it always popup a window with error message:
---
Install has detected the priviously install version(s) of which is not supported for this upgrade(see ---
and doesn't allow me to do remote installation.
Actually I have only one version (Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Server).
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You might be using an old activation number for an older version of veritas. Try entering another activation number for ver 9.1

You might want to download the free backup exec v9.1 upgrade at the following address as v9.0 is a bit flaky

===========================================================
VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691.1 (Single .ZIP download)

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20040115) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20031222) and Robotic Library Release (41) (Intel Only)

What VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) settings can be modified to reduce the amount of time it takes for a backup to run?

oaklandadmin and shady,
Thanks for responding my question. I'll try your suggestions. I'm new in doing backup and have a lot of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back