Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to register memory 2G? NW3.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimon9

Technical User
Apr 12, 2010
US
NW3.12 - Would someone please show me how to register memory 2G?

I think the answer would be. in the AUTOEXEC.NCF add the line REGISTER MEMORY 1000000 7F000000

But I have also never tried to run 2GB of ram on a 3.12 server.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

Wow. Can't believe that I still see people running NetWare 3.12.. Seem to come across it at least twice a year.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

3.12 is good if you wana store some files in a central location with simple access (since the client is built into Windows and Linux) and never have to think about stuck obits, directory replication, schemas, and all the other pains of a modern operating system.

Hell, you can wall up a 3.12 server .... and let future archaeologists enter the "down" command to study the artifact in a museum to figure out how we were able to live with a 2D user interface, no verbal commands, and data stored on archaic magnetic device.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

Does anyone still have Patch312.exe for Netware 3.12 somewhere in the garage or basement that I can borrow?

I am not familiar with patch312.exe.

I have patch312.nlm which is contained in 312ptd.exe. Is that what you are looking for?

Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back