Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to refresh table link in 123

Status
Not open for further replies.

pys

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2002
GB
I have an ODBC linking 123 to an approach .dbf I am using the add-in DQAUI. The 123 file works fine on my machine. When I send to file to a colleague, he can't see any "Query" menus that relate to the table link. How do I get the DQAUI tables to show up again ?

The DBF file must, of course, be on the new computer along with your lotus file. I use R5 with its native query commands, not the R9.x add-in, but I think the principles are the same. You need to establish the connection on the new machine. Here is macro syntax that I think works in R9.x as well:

{DATABASE-CONNECT "dBASE_IV";;;;"C:\MYDOCU~1";;;;"BOOK1";"EXCEL"}

In this example, we have: {DATABASE-CONNECT "[DRIVER]";;;;"[PATH]";;;;"[DBF FILE NAME]";"[TABLE NAME ASSIGNED]"}

There are other optional arguments that you may want or need to use, ie. password etc.

The full syntax is:

{DATABASE-CONNECT driver-name;[driver-user-id];[driver-password
];[connection-string];db-name;[db-user-id];[db-password];[owner-name];table-name;[range-name]}

Give this a try.

The query table object may need to be re-created as well after this connection is made. This would be done using the {QUERY-NEW} command.

If you prefer, there should be script equivalents to the above.

Thanks for this, does anyone know the lotus script equivalent of the above ??? Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back