Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to refresh embedded items on an Excel 2013 worksheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feipezi

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2006
US
Hello,

I've embedded a shape (or icon) in on a spreadsheet by a macro. But the icon won't show the image of the item until the book is saved and reopened. What's the refresh statements to make it present itself right after the embedding is done?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, this one sounds interesting to me. I normally think of refresh as in refreshing data and/or links (more data). This sounds more like a screen refresh than data refresh.

One total idea/guess that comes to mind is to attempt to toggle ScreenUpdating off and back on:
Code:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

If that works, it'll cost a second in the waiting portion, but it's worth a shot.

There's also the ScreenRefresh command that's mentioned by Microsoft (never tried, myself):

This line specifically from their example:
Code:
Application.ScreenRefresh

It may be you can simply add that one line of code to your file within the code for adding the image.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back