Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to recover Database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Apr 10, 2003
US
We had CW2k 2nd or 3rd edition with RME 3.1or 3.2 on a NT 4.0 machine, we use it to pull down configs from 150 + routers from different clients.
Now we have cd one 5th edition with RME 3.4, and my boss wants it install. I backed up the inventory from 3.1 by doing back up inventory from RME, and our entire database ( all the configs that we pulled ) I backe up by going into Server\backup database option .
I installed the new ciscoworks cd one 5th edition on a windows 2k machine , sp3, met all installation requirements and was successfull on doing this, I imported the inventory with no problems, BUT i can't find NO HELP on how to restore the backup Database with all the configs that we pulled .
anyone can help me?

Config files are kept in a archive directory. This directory is configured under:
RME
Administration
Configuration Management
General Setup
Archive Setup
<This is the archive directory>

Config files are kept in this directory under the config/<version> subdirectory.

<version> is a sequential number choose by CW.

Files in this directory have the following format:
yyyymmddhhmmssrunning, for instance: 20010416120003running.

I hope you have salved this directory before migrating.

Good luck!

Just an FYI, Cisco will not support CW2K on a Win2k w/SP3. Only SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back