Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to record auto payments in A/P vendor file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treader21

Technical User
May 7, 2009
US
Is there a way in Mas 90 to record a non-check item to the A/P file? Some of the items are automatic insurance pymts, federal tax pymts, wire pymts and etc. I would like to see the detail at the vendor level not just general ledger. Thanks

I don't know what other users do but I have a number of these weekly. I enter them as manual checks. If they are repetitive I enter them as a repetitive payable and print the check on plain paper. This works great for wires because all of the check information can be attached to the invoices

This is what manual check entry is for. Manual check entry is NOT for printing checks but rather for recording checks that you might have written manually. In today's business environment this also means things such a ACH and Wire Transfers. Search the Help files for more information.

Thank you both for your help. I use the manual check entry for quick checks when I don't have time to go through the invoice process,post, etc. MJDTS, do you make up bogus check numbers or do you just void one of your regular checks to record the non-check items? Thanks

I usually enter the date for the check# such as 050709 so I don't have to pull out the checks and look for a number. It doesn't rally matter as long as you can reconcile it later. When I do my bank rec I konow that all of the 05 #'s are manual checks

dfeller,
Thanks for the information. I like that idea. I tried it before but had an older version of Mas 90 that wouldn't allow alpha characters in the check number. My current version looks like it will. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back