Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to read the status message from attachmate using macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

deterdangler

Programmer
Jan 7, 2012
US
Hi Everyone,

Assuming that i have 1000 employer IDs and i want to get their names from attachmate..but what happens some times is employer id does not exist and attachmate displays a warning/status message mentioning "Employer ID does not exist".

Is there any better way/practice to read this message? i dont know for what employee id this message will be displayed.

Is there any thing like try/catch block to read this message for employee ID and take proper action if it happens and then go back to the next employee ID.

I hope i stated my problem clearly..

hi,

After each transaction, a message is displayed for each employee id as you loop.

Your basic control logic ought to read that message and then process the returned data on the screen or issue a new employee id accordingly. SOP.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

jonesy1,

If you have a question, it ought to be posted in a new thread, fully documented, unless you have something to contribute to this topic.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back