Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to read innerHTML of table and send as email? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdmac

MIS
Dec 20, 2003
US
I have written a single page (no code behind) ASP.Net page using VB/VBScript.

There is a table on the page called measurements. A button is used to fire off a sub to perform some simple math on some table cells. This is all working very well. I would also like to be able to send the contents of the table as an HTML email to an address that will be included in one of the text boxes in the table.

Can anyone assist me with some sample code that can send the email message?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can lend.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Work SMARTER not HARDER.
You are working harder by using vbscript and not using the codebehind(vb or c#) to take advantage of the .net framework.
Why did you decide to write your page this way?

I am not sure how you would send an email via vbscript. You will have to google to find some answers.

Honestly, I would just rewrite the page to use the codebehind and you will easily be able to do what you want to do.

My experience is with classic ASP hence my point of reference with a single page. Either way I still don't know how to grab the contents of my table and send via email. Do you have sample vb.net code to do that?

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Thanks, regretfully I have been finding lots of C# examples. I don't know how to translate that syntax so I am still in the dark. That sample also does not help me identify the contents of the table to be aent as the body of my html email.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

JBenson, thanks! That is one cool conversion tool. I think it has gotten me closer though still not sure.

Part of the problem I have is I want to be able to specify the SMTP server. I'm trying to provide a quick spreadsheet page that does some math for someone. I want to demo it on my own web site on my ISP provided server and then hand it off to them to use on their own site which I have no insight into. I may have to abandon the idea of the email submission if I can't figure out how to grab the results of the form.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

I think the best way to grab the value would be to use the code-behind.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back