Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to read all the members from JCLLIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumarjitendra

Programmer
Jun 28, 2017
IN
Hi All,
I am new to Cobol and mainframe. I have been provided with a question where in I have to code a cobol program which will read all the members of the JCLLIB, PROCLIB and Control Card. Once the read is done, we will have to store all these in array and after that we have to prepare the report from that array.
I am not able to read the data from the libraries provided above. It will be really helpful if any of you can provide help to me on this.

Thanks,
Jitendra

That is fairly advanced programming nad you will have to learn how to interface with the ISPF library management routines to access each member.

Nic

It has been over twelve years since I have been on the mainframe but there is an IBM utility that will dump a PDS to a flat file. There will be stuff you don't care about but it will have all the contents of the PDS available in a flat file.

I think it is this:

IEBPTPCH

I have a funny solution for that perhaps. I use the ISRSUPC (search for utility) by searching for one single space to get everything into one file and I read between the lines. In a pc environment when the file is downloaded, I re-create the members again into the directory it is running on. Probably not the best approach but it worked. I have a working source for CA-REALIA COBOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back