Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to "force" replication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krawz187

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
I am new to the forum, and to Windows 2000 Server. I am trying to figure out how to force a replication without waiting for the scheduled time.

When I go into AD Sites & Services, I get to the submenu under site/servers/servername/NTDS settings....once there I right click on server on the right and select "replicate now", but I receive an error message stating, "One or more of these Active Directory connections are between domain controllers in different sites and cannot be replicated immediately. Active Directory will replicate these connections at the next opportunity."

Is there some way to get around this? We sent a guy out to another site to install a new DC, and he has to wait a ridiculous amount of time for replication to occur. I know we can set the schedule for whatever we want, but this doesn't seem a very professional way to do things. If someone forgot to change it back, we would be having some serious connectivity issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

krawz187

try using repadmin it is located in your support folder on the w2k cd

Thanks sumaya, I will load that up and try it out.

Generally you can ignore that error message. Whenever you force replication between sites you receive that message however,if you look for the changes, you will find that replication has indeed occured. Kevin Mattson
MCP

Ah, I see. Actually I heard the same thing today from an external support company. Thanks for the input =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back