Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to "Find Related Messages" in Notes (like MS Outlook)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2008
US
I have a user who insists that she used to have the "Find Related Messages" functionality in Lotus Notes like what exists in Microsoft Outlook.

Look here for an example of what I'm talking about in Outlook:

I've looked high and low in Notes and on the internet and cannot find the answer.

User's Specs:
Compaq Nc6230
Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Ibm Lotus Notes/Domino Version 7.0.20.6269

Maybe the Thread view will fulfill her needs. In any case, there has never been any "Find Related Messages" in Notes.

Show her the View/Threads view (and hope for the best).

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

I figured this out finally. Our Notes guy was able to tell me about the CONVERSATIONS view within Notes. I believe this is only a feature of later versions, like version 8 and above.

When in the Inbox, you click on the SHOW toolbar button and click CONVERSATIONS. This groups all messages together under the first email in the thread and gives you the sideways triangle next to each "conversation" you can use to expand the conversation to see all messages sent and received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back