Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Query a Disconnected Recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidArchibald

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2000
NZ
OK, I should fess up that I've got this far thanks to an earlier post. However, I need another push to finish it.

A quick overview: I've got a table of weekly results that provides (via a query) a summary ranked report using Group By.

I've provided a form that allows users to add projections for the next week.

I've created a disconnected recordset of the table and successfully added the projections ... I can write these successfully to the screen without changing the underlying table so I am working with the disconnected rs.

SO what I need to know now is how to run the query on the disconnected rs? ie now I've added the projects to the rs, how can I show the ranked report using the projections?

I appreciate the time people take to answer the questions I've posted.

Cheers

David

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you want. As far as my understanding, you should update the table of the recordset on the database when user finish updating the form of the projection.
You need to let users update the table of the database and query on the updated table for a new recordset rather than try to query on the disconnected recordset being updated by users on the client side.

Does it make sense to you?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back