Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to put controls (text box etc) in tab control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakhan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2000
Hello

I am using VB 6,

I have added tab control to a form and want to add controls in its tabs, as so far i am able to put controls on first tab but i dont know how do i add controls in second or third tab (in design time)

can somebody help

thanks

Jahangir

Assuming that you are using the 'microsoft tabbed dialog control':
Click the relevant tab. Click the control you want. Draw the control out on the tab.

If you alraeady have made control that are not in the right tab:
Select the controls (use ctrl). Cut them (ctrl-x). click the relevant tab. Paste the controls (ctrl-v).
Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

How do I do this at RUN TIME. I use the sstab1 control and need to be able to add and remove tabs at run time. I have a control array that I need to add to the new tabs. How do I do that? I code I select the tab I want to place the control array onto:

sstab1.tab = x

then I load the new control array:

Load cntrlarray(x)

but it puts it on the first tab. I want it on the 'x' tab and I know the 'x' tab exists. The tabs are added correctly, I just can't put anything on them.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back