Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Pull in Only Certain Information from a Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathL

MIS
Jan 30, 2003
US
I'm not sure where I should ask this question, but I'm trying to pull in only certain information from a site. For example, if I want to get weather only and display it on my site what is the best way to go about doing it?

Go to the site that your going to pull the information from and look for the procedures to do that. They normally have that well defined with examples etc.

-pete

And if they don't then you'll just need to parse the results. Examine the source code and you should be able to find a pattern that will work for you, something that only appears once on the page like &quot;<td>Current Temperature: xxx</td>&quot;. Then you can use either the InStr function or a regular expression to find the right spot and extract the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back