Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to publish User Manager for Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnugent

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2002
US
I have installed XPa on a 2k box which is a member of an NT 4 domain. For the IT group I want to publish UserManager for Domains. So, I published it and I can run it but when I go to view a users properties I get an error message saying either "The remote procedure call failed" or "The handle is invalid". Anybody know how to overcome this problem? Thanks.

You might be trying to use a Win2K dll when it needs an NT4 dll.

I had no trouble with this. Here is what I did:
On the 2K Citrix server, I created a folder called 'NT4SrvrTools'. From the NT4 Server CD, I copied the entire contents of 'clients\srvtools\winnt\i386' to the new folder, and published usrmgr.exe. It worked fine.

-gbiello

Thanks gbiello, but I have already tried that it still doesn't work. When I publish a desktop, and then try to run User Manager for Domains it works fine. It just won't run as a published app. Any other suggestions.

OK, found a better solution. Use the usrmgr executable that ships with 2k server. It will even allow you to set term server settings, unlike NT4's usrmgr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back