Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to publish reports on the web please guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
DE
i am having some reports and i want to publish on the web. i have installed crystal reports 9 and even the RAS 9 on my local machine its integrated with the iis server as i could get the default web page displayed on the browser. now i want my own reports displayed , how to go further how to call this reports in the browser and where to place this reports. please can some one quide me in this initials steps so that i can proceed.

thank you

[i got this answer to my earlier post of this same question it served my question but still i am not able to view the report on the browser]

the answer which i got is this:----->

If you have RAS 9 isntalled then it's quite easy from there...

1) Create a folder for your reports on the web server
2) Make that folder a Web Folder
3) Use the URL

Other stuff can be done like DB logins, paramaters via the URL, or RAS will ask if it needs to.

After following the above steps( or let me give in detail what i did) i am getting this------>

i put my .rpt file in the following path

C:\Inetpub\ and when i am calling this path in the browser,

;

i am getting a popup to save the Bericht3.rpt file. its not displaying the report.

please can you further guide me in this matter.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back