Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to provide for Multi-Language support

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankursaxena

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
US
Hi i have a tool which is based on servlets which is currently in english, now that our product is moving to different parts of the world, I need to provide for interface with English, French, Spanish, some Indian languages etc. I am currently using WebMacros and Servlets to get my business logic and front end seperated, so how can I in this senario provide support for these languages?

I thought of making an XML file with all the translated words from different languages, each time I process a servlet I would read the XML file read the cookie, figure out which language has been picked and then appropriately pick the data and feed into the Webmacro file I have. Would this work?

What else would you suggest?

Thanks
Ankur

Also How do I write XML files with these language encoded chars?

thanks, this is good..

is there any other way of doing this may be using XML?

also do you have any info about webmacros and how do support international languages in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back