Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prove my ASP App does not crash server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2000
US
Here is my situation:

I wrote a very complex Citizens' Request application in ASP (112 files, as Object Oriented as ASP can be) which was placed on our Intranet.

As part of the process the team ran the Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool 1.1 to simulate 300 users performing 1.2M transactions against the DB2 database. The Web Server's Performance monitor revealed a well-behaved app with no resource issues.

Later, the Web Server began to crash (IIS 4) and our Sys Admin from Hell continually blames my application albeit he ran the previous performance tests.

He claims there is no way to determine which ASP application crashed the server; however I disbelieve this.

How might I go about proving my application causes no problems?

Thanks!!!

Nick

Show him your stress tests that you performed. He can't go blaming you unless he has proof it was your application. Im not sure there is anyway you can prove it was you, unless it crashes without your app online...

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back