Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to properly perform restore on 8700 server with CM3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomadmin12

Technical User
Apr 27, 2012
DE
I have two Avaya 8700 servers on CM3.0 and running in duplication active/standby mode.
I had a power outage today and the standby server became active but had very old configurations (from 1 year ago) as save translations wasn't enabled in system parameters.

I interchanged servers, but now the configurations are still the old ones. Not sure why that would be.

How do I get the recent translations back, restore a backup?

I do have a full backup from yesterday before the outage and could restore it on the active server.
What is the correct procedure to do that?

Just go to View/Restore on the Avaya integrated Management user interface for the active server and select my backup file and restore?

Are there other things to be aware of, such as reboot after backup, or busy out standby server, or do backups only on the standby server or other things I could do wrong?

I think as long as the .XLN file is in the backup that is your translations, if you can restore that you should be good. However I am not familiar with such an old version of CM and the procedure for restoring.

I would think do another interchange, then do a save trans all

I would busy out one of the servers and just work exclusively on the active until you can get the proper files back, then work on restoring duplex/release the standby.

Did your backup schedule have "save translations" checked? If not, that backup might ALSO be really old. I've ran into a lot of customers who had months and sometimes years of unsaved translations because they weren't monitoring alarms or had corruption that went without detection/was ignored.

The backup/restore process is as straightforward as it seems - restore the file using the restore command, then reboot the server (or alternatively, drestart 1 4 from CLI to reboot the CM processes). Make sure it's the translation backup like others mentioned (the backup file should be prefixed with XLN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back