Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to programatically force execution of cached report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterPPSA

Programmer
Mar 29, 2011
US
Is there a way in .net to force a report to execute and recreate its cache (even if the cache is not ready to expire)?

Thank you.

are you referring to crystal reports or reporting services?
their cache is independent of asp.net. an implementation my reference asp.net, but that is an implementation detail of the cache provider. the report may have a force/clear/refresh method that would invalidate the cache.

Jason Meckley
Senior Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259
My Blog

Reporting Services 2008. I've heard of a switch I can set if I invoke the report using a query string in the URL. I'd be interested in knowing what that is. But I'm also interested in finding another way to do it; for example, if the reportviewer control is used. Thanks.

I would start here;
basically you want to expire the cache and then create the report as you normally would.

Jason Meckley
Senior Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259
My Blog

Thank you for your time and for your effort. Yes, I spent a lot of time on Google before deciding to post a question in this forum. I do appreciate your link to a Google search, but what I am looking for is an answer in this forum from anyone who has one. Thanks, again, jmeckley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back