Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to program work days

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmax98

Technical User
Jun 17, 2002
US
I am new to BRIO! How do I program a report to view work days only? The work calendar does not include Sat. and Sun. Will an if statement work or is there a more simple way to do it?

This worked for me.

First, I got the span dates I wanted to use, I.E. 6/1/02 to 7/12/02. I ran an Append query into a table called WorkDays just used for this purpose. This table contained the fields TheDate, Day_Number, and Holiday. I ran a Update query on this table and assigned a number using Weekday(). It would look like this...Weekday([Thedate]). This would assign numbers for the days of the week... Sunday is 1, Monday is 2...and so on. Then I would run a Delete query and delete all numbers 1 and 7. This would leave only the work days wthin your span of dates.

I also used another table of holidays. A quick Update query would mark the holiday with the letter "H". I'd delete these too. Now, a list remains that is weekend and holiday free.

To automate all the queries you'll have use this code...

Dim stDocName As String

stDocName = "first query name here"
DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

stDocName = "second query name here"
DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

Good Luck,
Steve

Private Sub dmr_lostfocus()

Dim hols As Variant
'Procedure to extract all Saturdays, Sundays & Statutory Holidays From Calculation
'which works out the number of 'working' days a letter has been logged
'A simple function in Excel 'NETWORKDAYS' can accomplish this in one expression, but
'it doesn't work in Access
hols = Array("29/03/2002", "01/04/2002", "06/05/2002", "03/06/2002", "04/06/2002", "26/08/2002", "27/08/2002", "23/12/2002", "24/12/2002", "25/12/2002", "26/12/2002", "27/12/2002", "03/01/2002")
y = Date
D = [DMR]

XDATE = y - D

COUNTER = 1

For x = 1 To XDATE

For xx = 1 To 12
tempx = StrComp(D, hols(xx), vbTextCompare)
If tempx = 0 Then COUNTER = COUNTER + 1
Next xx

wd = Weekday(D)
If wd = 1 Or wd = 7 Then COUNTER = COUNTER + 1
D = D + 1
Next x

xdate1 = XDATE - COUNTER

[Overdue].Value = xdate1

End Sub

Hi,

create a computed column in the results section. add the following expression

ToChar(Full_Date, 'dddd')

where full_date is your standard calendar date column.

You'll see that this populates the column with Day names.

Now create a static limit on this column and select all days except sat and sun.

Now this limit does not pop-up every time you process the query - but will automatically filter out Sat and Sun from the result set

Think this the easiest way

cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back