Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Program Remote access to get a trunk line

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubilly

MIS
Sep 10, 2002
US
Merlin Legend R7 v10: How do I program remote access to make use of a trunk line for outbound dialing?

First===
LinesTrunks > RemoteAccess > LinesTrunks > (Dial line/trunk no.) > Enter > (Specify how trunk is used) > Enter > Back > Back

*** Note:
Dedicated = Trunk is used **ONLY** for remote access (and therefore cannot be a part of a pool).

Shared = Trunk is used for remote access **ONLY** when console is in night mode, otherwise it is used as a regular trunk (and therefore can be a part of a pool).

NoRemote = Trunk is not used for remote access.

Second===
LinesTrunks > RemoteAccess > Select Non-TIE or TIE Lines > BarrierCode > Specify whether barrier codes are required > Enter > Back > Back > Back

*** Note:
To prevent toll fraud, you should enable Barrier Codes.

Third===
LinesTrunks > RemoteAccess > BarrierCode > Code Info > Code Length > Enter the desired number of digits in code > Enter > Yes > Back > Back > Back

Fourth===
LinesTrunks > RemoteAccess > BarrierCode > Code Info > Code Entry > Dial Code Entry (1-16) > Enter > Dial actual barrier code > Enter > Back > Back > Back

Thanks foryour detail instructions. Surely I will put in barrier codes.

Once it is done. What will I need to do when I am calling from outside.

Also, will the system be able to log in every remote access attempted that way I can check the log.
Thanks.

Dial the trunk or trunks assigned for remote access, the trunk will answer with stutter dialtone, dial an assigned barrier code and you will recieve system dialtone, at this point, they are acting as a part of the system and can dial any extension or dial '9' to make a call using the systems trunks.

If you are going to allow users to dial '9', you will probably need to change the ARS FRL for barrier codes from 0 to 3 or higher or a restriction level of 'Toll' (recommended) or 'None'.

You can track remote access call but the SMDR must be programmed to track incoming calls.

I need to find out if it is possible to call one of our 4 800 numbers and then when I dial to one of the extensions,
it will take me to one of the CO lines to get a dial tone so I can make a phone call out of the system.
I understand I would need to program the extension to autodial to the CO line.
So I need to know how to program to get to any of the free
T1 CO lines.
Thanks.

You could loop a single line station port to a co port and program that co for remote access as above. When you call the 800# and hit the auto attendant, you then dial the extension number that is looped. It rings into the co port, which answers as remote access. You enter the barrier code, 9 and the outside number and the call goes out.

You call is going through 3 layers of dB loss, so the volume isn't going to be great, but you might want to give it a try.

I have seen the lucent tech to access to the T1 CO lines from an extension, but I don't remember how to do that.
Is it possible for someone to give me the instruction.

The T1 CO lines are in a pool, so give an extension a pool button, or give it access to the pool dial out code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back