Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to program call rollover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixx1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2006
US
Phone Sytem: Merlin Legend

Scenerio: Calls come into the main line are sent to the AA and most are then directed to the operator (ext. 1788) who uses a MLX 20 to answer. When multiple calls come in at once and fill her 4 or 5 lights on her phone, I would like additional overflow calls to ring another specific extension(s).

I guess you do this through sys programming -> extension > group cover? Will someone (like merlinman :) give me explicit instructions on how to program this (I'm not a phone guy)?

Thanks!

Well - you have several options. You could simply put "delayed ring" primary cover button for her ext# on up to 8 additiional phones. This way her phone rings twice - if she doesn't handle the call - it rings on the cover phones twice - then rings back to her phone twice - and goes to her mailbox - if she still does not answer. With this scenario - you would need to increase the transfer return rings from the default of 4 to 6 rings - or the calls will never get to her mailbox.

Another option would be to create a calling group with extentions as members that would cover the operator - however - this would require eliminating her personal mailbox coverage - so probably not a great option.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom's way is the FIRST THING I would have suggested.

If these options don't cut it, you may be able to implement other options. And who knows, you may be able to contact me as well. (But I'm not sure about that, due to the rules of this forum)

Thanks guys!

So with the first option does she only have two rings to pick up? Do I program the delayed ring option under group cover of system programing?

Eliminating her voice mail is no problem if that's a better option.

So is it not possible for the lines to fill up on her phone and THEN the calls ring on other extension(s). She often has 2 or 3 active calls (on hold) which is no problem...the issue comes when additional calls come in.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back