Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prioritize the links writing into a staging hash file

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshishVinny

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US
I am working on a job which collects the rowcounts on a particular condition from many tables using multiple ORACLE Stages to read the rowcounts( Simluating a large Union Statement). I am using multiple streams/links ( For faster response) and writing them into one hash file. One of the in-coming links should scrap the old hash file and recreate the file before writing anything. I want this link to be the first one to work before any other link. As other links would be appending the hash file with their results.

How can I achieve this ?????

You can watch the order in which your links are executed by processing a couple rows through the Designer in debug mode. Obviously this order can change if there are constraints on the output links. More robust option would be to clear the file in a before job routine using the CLEAR.FILE command.

The most comprehensive way to identify/change the link execution order is to click on the Input or Output Link Execution Order icons in the transform stage. In version 5.2 they are the last icons in the button bar. From here you can review the order and alter it at need.

Hope this helps,
Sol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back